UTHSC-H Student InterCouncil (SIC)
The Student InterCouncil is the UTHealth student governance organization and is the recognized forum of student opinion and the primary vehicle for student participation in the governance of UTHealth. The organization is comprised of representatives from each of the six schools. To find out more, visit the UTHSC-H Student InterCouncil website.
Student Chapter of the American Dental Hygienists' Association
The objectives of this organization shall be to support the mission of the American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA). The ADHA’s mission is to improve the public’s total health by increasing the awareness of and ensuring access to quality oral health care, promoting the highest standards of dental hygiene education, licensure and practice, and representing and promoting the interests of dental hygienists.
The goals of the organization are to: Provide entry to professional socialization through participation in the organized activities of the Greater Houston Dental Hygienists’ Society, Bay Area Dental Hygienists’ Society, Texas Dental Hygienists’ Association and the American Dental Hygienists’ Association.
- Keep abreast of current and future legislation affecting the dental hygiene profession.
- Educate the public using preventive and therapeutic practices on an individual and group basis.
- Activities may include an annual community project at a site and with a population to be determined by the secretary of the organization, subject to advisor(s) approval.
- Foster life-long learning through a program of expert speakers, arranged by the vice president, subject to approval of the officers of the organization, and advisor(s).
- Promote the dental hygiene profession to lay persons and the dental community through UT Orientation and Open House activities; observance of National Dental Hygiene Month; GHDHS, BADHS, and TDHA functions.
- Provide for a viable financial base to support the activities of the organization. These activities will be funded through an annual, non-refundable ADHASDH professional fee to be determined jointly by the director of the Dental Hygiene Program and faculty advisor(s) of the organization. Such fees may be dispersed for, but not limited to, National ADHASDH membership, social events, continuing education, GHDHS and BADHS component meetings, and the ADHASDH/TDHA Annual Session, awards presentations and installation of officers, subject to advisor(s) approval.